[petsc-users] Missing header file in 54f71ec?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Jan 21 21:53:19 CST 2014

"Jay J. Billings" <billingsjj at ornl.gov> writes:

> It looks like this might have been caused by the change to configure.py
> and petscsys.h in 5affe1d:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/5affe1da4b5ff6ba9c99ae0e08ad5ae60b099835

Please send configure.log and make.log.  C89 and others (SVr4, 4.3BSD,
C99, POSIX.1-2001) say that string.h provides memcpy and memset.
string.h is included and this change built cleanly on all our test
machines.

commit a3aaec0ab474bb386780073594fdc8ac7d2aa0be
Author: Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov>
Date:   Thu Jan 9 14:40:33 2014 -0700

    petscsys.h: find memcpy and memset in string.h

    C89 and later say that memcpy and memset are in string.h.  With glibc,
    memory.h merely includes string.h, and one user reported an error due to
    undefined memset (which I cannot reproduce).  So quit bothering with
    nonstandard memory.h and just include string.h.

    Reported-by: Alexander Krimm <alex at wirew0rm.de>