[petsc-users] KSP Tolerances for SNES

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:17:47 CST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Dharmendar Reddy
<dharmareddy84 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>         I want to set KSP Tolerances for an SNES solver for F(X) = 0
>
> as absTolKSP = maxval ( norm2F, absTolF_SNES)
>
> I am doing the above step based on Corollary 4 in the paper
> (
> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.10.8477&rep=rep1&type=pdf
> )

It appears that Mike's paper was published before the reference everyone
uses for this:

S. C. Eisenstat and H. F. Walker, "Choosing the forcing terms in an inexact
Newton method", SISC 17 (1), pp.16-32, 1996.

We have it in PETSc:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/SNES/SNESKSPSetUseEW.html