[petsc-users] cudaSetDevice

Harshad Sahasrabudhe hsahasra at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 14 10:27:37 CST 2014

Hi Jed,

Sometime back we talked about an interface which could handle other
libraries calling cudaSetDevice simultaneously with PETSc. For example, in
our case 2 different instances of PETSc calling cudaSetDevice.

>Sure, but how will we actually share the device between libraries?  What
>if the other library was not PETSc, but something else, and they also
>called cudaSetDevice, but with a different default mapping strategy?

>We need an interface that handles this case.

Do we already have any solution for this? If not, can we start looking at
this case?

Thanks,
Harshad