[petsc-users] DMPlexCreateGmsh

Gorman, Gerard J g.gorman at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jan 12 19:37:34 CST 2014

Hi Matt

First - really sorry for having inflicted this on you. I agree that there are many problems with the format and it’s not like the world needs a new file format. I only happened to use it for a case where there was an existing toolchain…which I’m now rewriting anyhow.

What is your current least detested file format for FEM that plays nicely with DMPlex? Exodus II?

Dharmendar - you might just want to write a simple translation script if you are locked into gmsh for some reason. It is also a pain that the format does not work with paraview and other common tools out of the box.

Cheers
Gerard