[petsc-users] Building Linux 32-bit PETSc lib

Qin Lu lu_qin_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 09:22:49 CST 2014

Hello,

Since my Linux workstation does not have internet access, I downloaded hypre-2.9.1a.tar.gz and used --download-hypre=/d/dev01/qlu/Lib/hypre-2.9.1a.tar.gz instead. The configure gave the following error:

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for details):
Error running make on HYPRE: Could not execute "cd /d/dev01/qlu/Lib/petsc-3.4.2-32bit/externalpackages/hypre-2.9.1a/src && make install":
Runaway process exceeded time limit of 2500s

I confirmed that I can cd to /d/dev01/qlu/Lib/petsc-3.4.2-32bit/externalpackages/hypre-2.9.1a/src. The error message mentioned the time limit of 2500s, my workstation is very slow for some reason and it may take several hours to configure/build PETSc/Hypre, I am not sure this can be the problem.

Please see the attached PETSc and Hypre configure log files for details.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Qin

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:13 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014, Qin Lu wrote:

> I am going to use this option. Just one more thing to confirm: I run "configure -hlep" and it says to use --download-hypre=yes (insted of 1), which one is correct?

configure accepts both 0,1 or no,yes for such boolean flags

Satish