[petsc-users] How petsc build openmpi using clang on Mavericks

Shiyuan gshy2014 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 20:52:09 CST 2014

Hi,
  I am on  OS Mavericks and using the gcc in Xcode 5.02. I configured petsc
 using the following options and installed petsc successfully. Petsc also
downloaded and installed openmpi successfully.

However, when I go to the
$PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/externalpackages/openmpi-1.6.4 and and run configure
with the same options(found in openmpi-1.6.4/config.log), the configuration
of openmpi failed due to the test for c compiler failed:

checking for gcc... gcc

checking whether the C compiler works... no

configure: error: in `/Users/shiyuangu/softwares/openmpi/1.6.4':

When petsc configure openmpi, does petsc use clang too? If so, how does
petsc build openmpi using clang? configure.log is attached.

Thanks.

Shiyuan