[petsc-users] Building Linux 32-bit PETSc lib

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 9 15:45:07 CST 2014

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Qin Lu <lu_qin_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Can I specify the what version of Hypre to download? Do I need to use
> > --with-hypre=1 and specify --with-hypre-dir? It will be nice if you may
> > point me to a sample setting of configure options using --download-hypre.
> >

> No. That is the only option.

Why would you want a different version of hypre than what was tested with ?

petsc-3.4 is tested with https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/hypre/download/hypre-2.9.1a.tar.gz
and you can use it with:

--download-hypre=1

I don't remember if there were any changes on the interface or
installation of hypre - but you can try the following and see if it
works..

--download-hypre=http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/externalpackages/hypre-2.8.0b.tar.gz

Satish