[petsc-users] DMPlexCreateFromCellList and hybrid meshes

Cedric Doucet cedric.doucet at inria.fr
Fri Jan 3 09:43:34 CST 2014

I could use DMPlexCreateFromDAG but there are several drawbacks:
1. DMPlexCreateFromDAG is not well documented;
2. other developers will have to understand a tricky data structure (DAG) to modify my code (see point 1 to understand why it is a problem);;
3. DMPlexCreateFromDAG looks like a low-level function in comparison with DMPlexCreateFromCellList which acts at a higher level: if you modify this structure, I or someone else will have to modify my code (see point 2 to understand why it is a problem);
You proposed to modify DMPlexCreateFromCellList function for me and I decided to accept it after thinking about it.
Did you change your mind?