[petsc-users] query DMPlexCreateSection

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 04:11:32 CST 2014

Hello,
         I am trying to use DMPlexCreateSection from fortran. I was
able to solve a Poisson equation earlier using DMPlex for handling
mesh data.

Now i need to solve a system of equations: (poisson + continuity equations)

- div (grad phi) = (C + n)  --- (1)
  div (J ) = 0  ---------------  (2)
  J = n grad(phi)
( C is constant)
Simulation domain is defined as, rectangular regions 1 and 2 shown below.

-------------
|     1        |
-------------
|               |
|       2      |
|               |

Now, equation 1 is defined in region 1 and 2
and equation 2 is defined only for region 2.

How do i setup the section  ? DMPlexCreateSection applies the given
DOF layout  per cell to all cells in the mesh.

I am not sure if all the function calls inside
DMPlexCreateSectionIntial and DMPlexCreateSectionBCDof  are accessible
from Fotran.

Thanks
Reddy