[petsc-users] Fill-in of factorization

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 28 14:31:23 CST 2014

  For PETSc factorizations you can use MatGetInfo() on the factored matrix. For external factorization packages you need to how to query them directly. Actually for Mumps and Pastix you can call MatGetInfo() also but the output for MUMPS is strange, see MatView_MUMPS in mumps.c You can also run with -ksp_view to have it printed out. See the

   Barry