[petsc-users] Reading a mesh into Plex

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 13:20:53 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>         I need to load a mesh file into DMPlex object. The mesh is
>> generated by a software which outputs the mesh in this format:
>>
>> List of Vertex Coordinates (i=1 to N_V) :  P_i = X_i Y_i Z_i
>>
>> List of Edges (i= 1 to N_E):  E_i = P_m P_n where m,n <= N_V
>>
>> List of Faces (i=1 to N_F):  F_i = E_m E_n E_o where m,n,o < N_E
>> (edge ids can be negative or positive depending on the orientation)
>>
>> List of Cells (i = 1 to N_C): C_i = F_m F_n F_o F_p .... for say
>> Tetrahedron
>>                                                   or
>>                                                   = E_m E_n E_o for
>> triangles on the boundary regions.
>

> We were cool until here. This sounds like Gmsh. This aliasing of things in
Hello,
           The msh is not from gmsh. It is from a commercial software
tool used for semiconductor device simulation. A C++ based reader for
this mesh format is available here

https://github.com/cogenda/Genius-TCAD-Open/tree/master/src/contrib/dfise

I will try to use the Createfromcelllist.

Thanks
Reddy

 the domain is really unacceptable. The boundary faces have already been