[petsc-users] ASM for Saddle-point problems

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Feb 26 10:04:03 CST 2014

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

Adriano Côrtes <adrimacortes at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Jed,
>
> Thank you for the answer.
> I have a simple question that I haven't found the answer. Inside my
> code how can I check if the user has passed the option
>
> -pc_fieldsplit_schur_precondition with the value user
>
> because in this case i'd like to build a preconditioner for the schur
> complement.

If you really want to check whether the user set this option via
options, you can use

    PCFieldSplitSchurPreType  schurpre;
    PetscBool set;

    ierr = PetscOptionsGetEnum(prefix,"-pc_fieldsplit_schur_precondition",PCFieldSplitSchurPreTypes,(PetscEnum*)&schurpre,&set);CHKERRQ(ierr);

    if (set && schurpre == PC_FIELDSPLIT_SCHUR_PRE_USER) ...

Looks like there should be a PCFieldSplitGetSchurPrecondition, though
this name is too long.