[petsc-users] Error using MUMPS to solve large linear system

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 25 08:23:13 CST 2014

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the offer to help!

I tried superlu_dist again and it crashes even more quickly than MUMPS with just the following error:

ERROR: 0031-250  task 128: Killed

Absolutely nothing else is written out to either stderr or stdout. This is with -mat_superlu_dist_statprint.
The program works fine on a smaller matrix.

This is the sequence of calls:

KSPSetType(ksp,KSPPREONLY);
PCSetType(pc,PCLU);
PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage(pc,MATSOLVERSUPERLU_DIST);
KSPSetFromOptions(ksp);
PCSetFromOptions(pc);
KSPSolve(ksp,b,x);

All of these successfully return *except* the very last one to KSPSolve.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Samar