[petsc-users] Error using MUMPS to solve large linear system

Hong Zhang hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 24 11:56:58 CST 2014

Samar :
There are limitations for direct solvers.
Do not expect any solver can be used on arbitrarily large problems.
Since superlu_dist also crashes, direct solvers may not be able to work on
your application.
This is why I suggest to increase size incrementally.
You may have to experiment other type of solvers.

Hong

 Hi Hong and Jed,