[petsc-users] Dirichlet boundary condition for a nonlinear system

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 18 23:26:14 CST 2014

Yes that is exactly what we do.  In fact it is a bit better than your
typical continuation/homotopy methods
since the solutions along the way are physically meaningful and also
often of interest.

In our FEA+PETSc code we do this but we only call PETSc for the linear
solves.
We handle all the Newton stuff within our own code.  For us this was an
easier route
to a fully working non-linear FEA code since we started with a fully
working non-linear
serial FEA code.

-sg