[petsc-users] petsc install

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 16:03:51 CST 2014

On Feb 6, 2014, at 3:43 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>          I use the petsc next via git to work on my local machine
> (windows). Now i need to move my work to the server (linux) which has
> no internet access ( i can talk to bitbucket from the server).

   If the server has no internet access then how can you talk to bitbucket from the server?

   Presumably the server has “no internet access” because of some misguided concern about security, yet ftp which is the least secure mechanism in history is used to copy files to this machine? And what is this ftp running on if it is not ftp?

   Barry