[petsc-users] no decrease in iteration counts of KSPCG during time stepping

Alp Kalpalp alpkalpalp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 11:24:53 CST 2014

Thanks for the answers,

Please forgive me, I forgot to say that my stiffness matrix is not changing
during time steps. I could not remember directly but just after a google
search..I just hit this

http://web.stanford.edu/group/frg/publications/recent/FETI-stoch.pdf

please look around eq37

My problem is not related to this random paper I found. But, I think I can
find several others that shows the enhancing power of orthogonalization
with successive directions when the system's behaviour is not changing
rapidly. In my current sample case a gradually increasing force is applied
to a linear system.

Since I use FETIDP, preconditioned conjugate projected gradient (PCPG) is
crucial in order to select any generalized inverse for the system.

So, any suggestions on how to complete these tasks?

For example anyway of obtaining search direction from KSPCG?

or

how to implement a projection space?

Is it posible or too difficuly to code a variant of a KSPCG that meets my
requirements?