[petsc-users] Speedup studies using DMPlex

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:34:44 CST 2014

Hi all,

So I am trying to run a speed-up (i.e., strong scaling) study by solving a
diffusion problem much like in SNES ex12.c, and plan on using up to 1k
cores on LANL's Mustang HPC system. However, it seems that DMPlexDistribute
is taking an extremely long time. I am using -petscpartitioner_type
parmetis on command line but it seems to make over 50% of the code
execution time. Is this normal or is there a "better" way to conduct such a
study?

Thanks,
Justin