[petsc-users] SNESSetFunctionDomainError

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Aug 31 23:12:46 CDT 2014

Dmitry Karpeyev <karpeev at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> Handling this at the KSP level (I actually think the Mat level is more
> appropriate, since the operator, not the solver, knows its domain),

We are dynamically discovering the domain, but I don't think it's
appropriate for Mat to refuse to evaluate any more matrix actions until
some action is taken at the MatMFFD/SNESMF level.  Marking the Vec
invalid is fine, but some action needs to be taken and if Derek wants
the SNES to skip further evaluations, we need to propagate the
information up the stack somehow.