[petsc-users] Unable to configure PETSc with CUDA: Problem with thrust directory

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 10:07:07 CDT 2014

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> Here is the problem:
>
> Possible ERROR while running preprocessor: nvcc warning : The 'compute_10'
> and 'sm_10' architectures are deprecated, and may be removed in a future
> release.
> error message = {nvcc warning : The 'compute_10' and 'sm_10' architectures
> are deprecated, and may be removed in a future release.
> }
>
> meaning the nvcc compiler does not "work" as provided. Here is a workaround:
>
>      --with-cudac='nvcc --arch=sm_35'

This workarround conflicts with --with-cuda-arch option.

Karl already has a fix for this issue.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/e9877ee643984bf84c6f846bc31b03e417173602

> > I forgot to mention that I am using PETSc 3.4.1.

cuda stuff is supporsed to be disabled in petsc releases - and we
recommend using only petsc development (master) branch for it.

Satish