[petsc-users] install Slepc wth Arpack

Lorenzo Zanon zanon at aices.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 23 10:02:13 CDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to install Slepc with Arpack, but the procedure I'm using
is not working.

I downloaded arpack-ng and configured like this:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/Desktop/arpack_dir

So the libraries can be found inside arpack_dir. Then I set the
PETSC_DIR, PETSC_ARCH and SLEPC_DIR. Following the instructions on the
website, inside the Slepc3.4.4 directory, I configure with:

./configure --with-arpack-dir=$HOME/Desktop/arpack_dir/lib
--with-arpack-flags='-lparpack -larpack'

which unfortunately doesn't work:

Checking environment...
Checking PETSc installation...
Checking ARPACK library...
ERROR: Unable to link with library ARPACK
ERROR: In directories /home/lz474069/Desktop/arpack_dir/lib
ERROR: With flags -L/home/lz474069/Desktop/arpack_dir/lib -lparpack
-larpack

ERROR: See "arch-linux2-c-debug/conf/configure.log" file for details

Can anybody see where am I making a mistake?

Thanks!
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Zanon, M.Sc.