[petsc-users] KSP breakdown in specific cluster

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 04:18:06 CDT 2014

Hi,

My code was found to be giving error answer in one of the cluster, even
on single processor. No error msg was given. It used to be working fine.

I run the debug version and it gives the error msg:

[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 8 FPE: Floating Point
Exception,probably divide by zero
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html#valgrind[0]PETSC
ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on GNU/linux and Apple Mac OS X to
find memory corruption errors
[0]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack below
[0]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not available,
[0]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the function
[0]PETSC ERROR:       is given.
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] VecDot_Seq line 62 src/vec/vec/impls/seq/bvec1.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] VecDot_MPI line 14 src/vec/vec/impls/mpi/pbvec.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] VecDot line 118 src/vec/vec/interface/rvector.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] KSPSolve_BCGS line 39 src/ksp/ksp/impls/bcgs/bcgs.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: [0] KSPSolve line 356 src/ksp/ksp/interface/itfunc.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Signal received!
[0]PETSC ERROR:

It happens after KSPSolve. There was no problem on other cluster. So how
should I debug to find the error?

I tried to compare the input matrix and vector between different cluster
but there are too many values.

--
Thank you

Yours sincerely,