[petsc-users] ex42 question

Sang pham van pvsang002 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:48:38 CDT 2014

Hi Jed,

I modified the ex43 code to enforce no-slip BCs on all boundaries.
I run the code with volume force (0,-1) and isoviscosity. The expected
result is Vx = Vy = 0 everywhere, and linearly decreasing pressure (from to
to bottom).
In the attached is plot of velocity field and pressure, so there is still a
(light) flow in middle of the domain. Do you know why the solution is that,
and what should I do to get the expected result?

Thank you.

Sang