[petsc-users] Intel Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:15:13 CDT 2014

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the advice. It took me a while to compile and build
successfully with gfortran due to the stricter rules and entirely
different options.

But the most problematic thing was that most clusters I work with use
old versions of gcc/gfortran. With the gcc/gfortran tied to the MPI, it
seems that I can't just update myself to use the new version, or can I?

Also, can anyone recommend options to get optimized results in gfortran?

I'm using :

-fno-signed-zeros  -fno-trapping-math -ffast-math -march=native
-funroll-loops -ffree-line-length-none -O3

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng