[petsc-users] MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR i and j indices

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 29 22:07:59 CDT 2013

>    It actually isn't an improvement, it is a bug fix; the current code
>    was broken (though I am not sure if it was always broken). But I am
>    fine with removing my "fix".

"broken" in the sense of "doesn't work" or broken in the sense that it's
confusing and doesn't match the (indirect) documentation?  I don't think
that behavior should change in 'maint' unless we can be confident that
nobody was using the function, in which case it wouldn't be urgent to
fix in 'maint'.  (And if after all these years, _nobody_ uses it,
shouldn't we remove it?)