[petsc-users] MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR i and j indices

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 29 14:45:18 CDT 2013

   We can do all this, but how much effort do we really want to make for supporting these inconvenient "convenience routines"?

   BTW: We should really label these function with

   Level: Recommended only for legacy applications being quickly ported to PETSc

    I really only want people who already have a working non-PETSc code that uses CSR directly already to use these routines so they can quickly try out PETSc, I never want someone writing fresh code or doing a large refactorization to EVER use these routines.

> On second thought, why don't we just document that
> MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR respects MAT_ROW_ORIENTED within each
> block and let the user choose which they want to use?

    Also there is no way to get this flag into MatCreateMPIBAIJWithArrays()

   Barry