[petsc-users] MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR i and j indices

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 29 12:09:32 CDT 2013

>> Yeah, or inserting an element matrix where you have several block rows.
>
>   But that has absolutely nothing to do with MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR().

The second paragraph of Lisandro's message was specifically about
MatSetValuesBlocked, and that is what I was responding to.  I don't use
MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR, but it has a different layout from
MatSetValuesBlocked, so you can't easily switch between them.  (Of
course I just recommend calling MatXAIJSetPreallocation and then
MatSetValuesBlocked.)