[petsc-users] Configuring petsc with Intel MPI

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 23 12:38:01 CDT 2013

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Michael Povolotskyi wrote:

> Dear Petsc developers and users,
> we are building petsc with intel compiler and intel mpi.
> In doing so we provide to the petsc configuration script a directory where the
> MPI is located.
>
> The problem is that petsc takes the non-thread safe mpi library (libmpi.so),
> but we need a threadsafe one (libmpi_mt.so)
> We had to specify the exact library to solve the issue.
> Question: is there any better way to insure that petsc picks the thread safe
> mpi library during configuration?

What is the recommended method [by Intel MPI] to specify libmpi_mt.so?

Use that method to specify things to petsc configure.

[i.e you might have to specify the correct compilers, and the correct
compiler options using CC, CFLAGS CPPPFLAGS etc options to configure]

If you are having trouble tell us the recommended way - and what you
get when you try it [i.e configure.log]

Satish