[petsc-users] how to get info on matmpiaij distribution

France Boillod-Cerneux boillod.france at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:10:32 CDT 2013

Dear PETSc-users,
I need some help regarding the matmpiaij matrix format.

In my application, I use currently the matmpiaij format, and i load the
matrix using petsc binary file format.

i understood that for mpiaij format, wether you know the distribution of
your matrix and use the matcreateaij function therefore you can know with
precision the data distribution,
wether you create it without this knowledge and petsc will take care about
efficient data distribution for you.

i am in the second case, and i want to know the memory at runtime allowed
by petsc to store the matrix on each process, for the format mpiaij.
i saw the function matgetlocalsize but there's a warning on it (function is
implementation dependant use with care). so i don't know if in my case i
can use it or not. (if you have any documentation about it, i would like to
have it)

if not, can you tell me if there is any petsc function to get the memory
size of submatrix on each process? i saw the function
petscmemorygetcurrentusage but i am not sure if it would correspond to my
issue. if still not, how can i estimate it (i mean by this, i can have
approximately the parallel matrix distribution with mpiaij format)?

thank you very much,

France

--
DEN/DANS/DM2S