[petsc-users] Matrices - Arrays

Anthony Vergottis a.vergottis at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:06:24 CDT 2013

To whom it may concern,

I am very new to Petsc and I would very much appreciate some assistance.

What would be the best way to create an array of matrix objects? The number
of matrix objects required would be determined during run time.

For example, I am looking into the FEM and I would like to create a matrix
for each element (I know how to set up the matrix objects). Therefore, if I
am using a mesh with 100 element I would like to determine during runtime
that I will need to create 100 "Mat    A[100]" etc, something along those
lines. Hope I explained it well.

Sorry if this is a trivial question but your help would go a long way.

Thanks, keep up the great job guys!!

Regards,
Anthony Vergottis