[petsc-users] memory reporting

Michael Povolotskyi mpovolot at purdue.edu
Sun Mar 31 09:15:59 CDT 2013

On 3/31/2013 10:03 AM, Jed Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Michael Povolotskyi
> <mpovolot at purdue.edu <mailto:mpovolot at purdue.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Dear PETSc developers,
>     I have the following question.
>     PETSc has memory reporting system. Does it report the memory
>     allocated inside a library (e.g MUMPS) when I call it from PETSc
>     program?
>

> It does not attribute it per object, though it is part of the total
> memory used by a process (e.g., PetscMemoryGetCurrentUsage, or
> -malloc_info).
>

>     Thank you,
>     Michael.

Thank you.
In our code we have our own linear system solver, optimized for a
distributed 3 block diagonal matrix.
We are testing its performance against MUMPS and SUPERLU_dist.
We interfaced this solver with PETSc matrix and vector for the left and
right hand sides of a linear system.
My question: what can I do to make the memory allocated inside the
solver to be reported by  PetscMemoryGetCurrentUsage?

Thank you,
Michael.