[petsc-users] FFTW and non-uniform grid

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 19:57:24 CDT 2013

Hi guys,

I am newbie to the FFTW and PETSc world.
I found out that PETSc has interface to use FFTW.
I looked into a few examples available, but I did not find anything
regarding FFTW of a DMDA vectors on a nonuniform structured grid.
How do we pass the grid coordinates of the vector to FFTW?

I like to solve a Poisson equation in (2 or 3d) on structured orthogonal
grid with non-uniform grid spacing using FFTW and do some performance
comparison against algebraic multigrid solvers.

If anyone has had experience with this, could you please guide me here?

Thanks,
Mohamad