[petsc-users] KSP convergence problem

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 23 14:08:50 CDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Mehrdad H Farahani
<mh.farahani at gmail.com>wrote:

> Excuse me for the delay.  We had a system maintenance and I was not able
> to submit any jobs.  I made the Petsc build with COPTFLAGS="-O0 -g" and
> FOPTFLAGS="-O0 -g" and the simulation did not diverge. However, it diverges
> with a Petsc build with COPTFLAGS="-O2" and FOPTFLAGS="-O2".

1. Write the system out using -ksp_view_binary and compare the resulting
file 'binaryoutput' as produced from the debug and optimized code.

2. If the systems above are identical up to rounding error, try to use
src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex10.c to load the system and see if you can
reproduce the different behavior. If so, give us directions to reproduce
using ex10 and your binary file.