[petsc-users] Eigenvalue solver method in Petsc

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:40:18 CDT 2013

>For our FEA code we have used PETSc to solve mechanical eigen problems using
>subspace as well as parallel-ARPACK.  It works well and is not that hard
>to program.
Which package exactly solved the subspace or you used them in conjunction?
Can you give pseudo-code for that, for example do I have to call a set of
functions or only the one function is associated with subspace iteration in
Petsc or Arpack?

How about the other methods Jacobi, simultaneous iteration  etc.. is it possible
to use them in Petsc?

>but it is minor for your average mechanical problem.
If you call 5000x5000 matrix small I really wonder what you will call huge ?

Regards,