[petsc-users] PETSc on BlueWaters

Jim Fonseca jefonseca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:05:30 CDT 2013

Hi,
I'm wondering if any other groups out there have built their own PETSc on
BlueWaters. We have a unique PETSc build that combines double and complex
builds and we have been struggling to get it running there, even though we
have had success on other Cray machines.

At this point we are trying to have PETSc build its own mpich. The only way
we have been able to get a simple MPI example included with PETSc to work
has been by adding the mpich download option to the configuration. We would
like to be able to use the Blue Waters mpich, since other packages such as
HDF5 rely on the mpich residing on Blue Waters.

I know I'm supposed to include config.log but we've been running through
those left and right trying many different things.

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Fonseca, PhD