[petsc-users] (no subject)

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 3 08:22:25 CST 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can see our example of a parallel unstructured FVM solver in TS ex11
> in petsc-dev.
>
> Specifically, I can see several ways to do this. You could partition
> faces, and have ghost cells, which we can handles. Or
> you could partition cells, and assemble these kind of function over faces
> additively if they are linear, which I think yours is,
> which is what we do in ex11. It depends on your particular application,
> but we have the tools to do this.

This isn't an accurate description of what ex11 does. We build a vector
Grad on the owned cells, then communicate like this

  ierr =
DMGlobalToLocalBegin(dmGrad,Grad,INSERT_VALUES,locGrad);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  ierr =
DMGlobalToLocalEnd(dmGrad,Grad,INSERT_VALUES,locGrad);CHKERRQ(ierr);

and evaluate fluxes using locGrad.