[petsc-users] no-debug-mode problem

Longxiang Chen suifengls at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 13:52:46 CDT 2013

Dear all,

I use ksp_solver to solve Ax=b, where A is from an outer loop of PDE.
Under debug mode(default), it solves the problem in about 4000 iterations.
And the final answer is correct (comparing to another solver).

I use intel compiler.
The program is in Fortran (by mpif90), except the solver is in c (by mpicc).

However, when I re-configure with --with-debugging=0 (the only change),
the program terminates in about 30 iterations with the wrong final solution.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Longxiang Chen

Do something everyday that gets you closer to being done.