[petsc-users] how to translate a FEM problem to PETSc

Ted Sariyski tsariysk at craft-tech.com
Tue Jun 25 09:56:30 CDT 2013

Hi,

I wrote an unstructured vector finite element electromagnetic solver,
which among other modules, includes domain decomposition and (complex)
GMRES solver. Now I am working on improvements and I would like to
migrate the code to PETSc. I am new with PETSc. I am still working
through the examples, trying to figure out a 'proper' entry point for
integration. My current understanding is that domain decomposition and
the assembly will remain outside PETSs. I already have the
global-to-local/local-to-global data structures built. My difficulty is
to figure out how to translate them to PETSc compliant format. I'll
highly appreciate if somebody points me to examples illustrating how to
translate a FEM problem to PETSc.

Thanks in advance,
--Ted Sariyski
Combustion Research and Flow Technology, Inc.