[petsc-users] Using MAGMA subroutines instead of LAPACK in SLEPc

Harshad Sahasrabudhe hsahasra at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 20 15:24:14 CDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to run the SLEPc Eigensolver on a machine with CPUs & GPUs. I
found that a package called MAGMA implements LAPACK functions on
heterogeneous systems (CPU + GPU). MAGMA has functions very similar to
LAPACK so that we can go and replace a call to a LAPACK function with a
call to a MAGMA function.

Now my question is, where can I apply such a hack inside SLEPc/PETSc so
that the Eigensolver in SLEPc actually uses MAGMA functions instead of
LAPACK functions? I'm using the PETSc 3.3-p6 and SLEPc 3.3-p3 versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Regards,
Harshad