[petsc-users] Slepc doesn't converge for some EV problems

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 5 00:52:58 CDT 2013

Dear All,

Sometimes I experience that Slepc is not converging for the requested
eigenvalues and simply resturns 0. I do take into consideration of setting
the requested eigenvalues from command line options rather then setting them
manually at the body of program.

I observe this when I'm trying to solve this moderately large matrices e.g. 192x192
for small ones e.g. 48x48 there is not problem other than Slepc deviates from
requested to found EVs. For example if I request 7 eigenvalues to be found Slepc finds
9 or 10, what could be the problem of this malfunctioning?

Your help will be appreciated,

Regards,