[petsc-users] preallocation of mpiaij matrix

Hoang Giang Bui hgbk2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 07:02:45 CDT 2013

Hi

I want to consult the optimized way to allocate the mpiaij matrix for
FEM application. Typically, elements in each process contribute to
global matrix partially, therefore in each process I can define the
number of nonzeros in according row locally but not globally. Is there
method in petsc support to allocate matrix based on sparsity pattern
(i.e. I provide petsc with row & column I'm going to fill later on in
the assembly process) ?

Best regards
Bui