[petsc-users] example on manually setup matrix coloring for finite difference Jacobian?

Zou (Non-US), Ling ling.zou at inl.gov
Wed Jul 17 18:15:01 CDT 2013

(meant to send to the list)

Thanks Matt for you reply.

In my case, 2-d problem with unstructured mesh, what would be a
practical way to move forward?
1, using fully analytical Jacobian, it however will be very difficult
to make everything right eventually
2, using finite differencing Jacobian, but use keyword
SNESDefaultComputeJacobian, which is very slow
3, using matrix free operation to avoid the Jacobian calculation
Any suggestion?