[petsc-users] GAMG PC dependence on right-hand side

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 11 17:10:08 CDT 2013

John Mousel <john.mousel at gmail.com> writes:

> I call it because the KSPs get passed to an AxbSolver routine that sets up
> the linear solve. That routine calls KSPSetOperators. Does it cause a
> problem in doing that if I want to reuse the PC?

If you use SAME_PRECONDITIONER, then the same thing will be used, but if
you know when to use SAME_PRECONDITIONER, you could instead just not
call KSPSetOperators.  At some point, recycling methods might reuse some
information when the matrix has not changed, though our usual mode of
operation is to absorb that information into the preconditioner.