[petsc-users] Direct Schur complement domain decomposition

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 1 11:45:48 CST 2013

You should be able to look at any of the standard references on
multifrontal methods, e.g., by Liu, Davis, Gupta, or Duff.

Substructuring as a mesh-based procedure has fallen out of favor because
multifrontal does the same thing in more reusable code (purely algebraic;
no reference to a mesh) with fine performance.