[petsc-users] Multiple right hand sides solver in PETSc or MUMPS

Torabi Ziaratgahi, Saeed saeed.torabi at usask.ca
Thu Dec 19 10:23:38 CST 2013

Hello,

I am using chaste software to solve a system including 2 linear systems with same coefficient matrix. Therefore, I want to use multiple right hand sides solver in PETSc or MUMPS. I have to solve the first linear system and use its solution to construct left hand side of the second system.

I looked for PETSc and MUMPS documentations to figure out how to use multiple right hand sides solver. However, I could not find any clear instruction or example. Could you please help me on this?

I use

mpirun -np 64 $CHASTE_LOCATION/projects/SDIRK/build/intel/"$fileName"Runner -ksp_type preonly -ksp_initial_guess_nonzero 0 -pc_type lu -pc_factor_mat_solver_package mumps

to run my code. Should I add another option to be able to use multiple right hand sides solver with 2 right hand sides? Or should I make change in my chaste code or PETSc codes?

Bests,

Saeed