[petsc-users] Feature request: Origin QMR implementation.

Ce Qin qince168 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 06:15:25 CST 2013

Dear all,

Now I'm solving Maxwell's equations using finite difference method. In the
beginning, I use BCGS to solve the linear system. It works, but converges
slowly. And other solvers do not converge. Some others told me that QMR may
be a good choice, so I tested it using matlab, the result shows that QMR
works well than BCGS. I found that PETSc only provide TFQMR and TCQMR, so I
wonder that why PETSc does not implement QMR solver. And is there a
alternative solver that behaves like QMR?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ce Qin