[petsc-users] EVP Solutions with Subspace

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 22:58:13 CDT 2013

Hi again,

I'm still reading the manual of Petsc and Slepc but at the same
I just wanted to see some vital signs that I'm on right path. The problem
that I'm trying to solve still produces the non convergence messages as
shown below.

One thing has drawn my attention, although I set the convergence tolerance
and max iterations in ESP step KSP still uses its default values I believe,
such as KSP tolerances=10e-8 which is very high precision that I don't need.

EPS Object: 1 MPI processes
  type not yet set
  problem type: generalized non-symmetric eigenvalue problem with symmetric pos
tive definite B
  selected portion of the spectrum: not yet set
  number of eigenvalues (nev): 12
  number of column vectors (ncv): 12
  maximum dimension of projected problem (mpd): 0
  maximum number of iterations: 300
  tolerance: 0.001
  convergence test: relative to the eigenvalue
  estimates of matrix norms (constant): norm(A)=1, norm(B)=1
IP Object: 1 MPI processes
  type not yet set
  orthogonalization method: classical Gram-Schmidt
  orthogonalization refinement: if needed (eta: 0.7071)
DS Object: 1 MPI processes
  type not yet set
ST Object: 1 MPI processes
  type not yet set
  shift: 0
  matrices A and B have different nonzero pattern
  KSP Object:  (st_)   1 MPI processes
    type not yet set
    maximum iterations=10000, initial guess is zero
    tolerances:  relative=1e-08, absolute=1e-50, divergence=10000
    left preconditioning
    using DEFAULT norm type for convergence test
  PC Object:  (st_)   1 MPI processes
    type not yet set
--------
[0]PETSC ERROR:   !
[0]PETSC ERROR: KSP did not converge (reason=DIVERGED_ITS)!
--------