[petsc-users] Recommended solver and preconditioner to solve Poisson eqn on win7

Zhenglun (Alan) Wei zhenglun.wei at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:40:47 CDT 2012

Dear folks,
     I did some test with -pc_type gamg with
/src/ksp/ksp/example/tutorial/ex45.c. It is not as good as default
-pc_type when my mesh (Cartisian) is 100*50*50; while it is a little bit
better than the default one when the mesh is 200*100*100. Therefore, I
guess this type of pc is good for larger problem. Is that ture? or is
there any rule of thumb for this type of preconditioner? BTW, I tested
it with 8 processes.

thanks,
Alan