[petsc-users] PetscSFReduceBegin does not work correctly on openmpi-1.4.3with64 integers

fdkong fd.kong at siat.ac.cn
Tue Sep 11 15:35:41 CDT 2012

>Open MPI one-sided operations with datatypes still have known bugs. They
>have had bug report s with reduced test cases for several years now. They
>need to fix those bugs. Please let them know that you are also waiting...

>To work around that, and for other reasons, I will write a new SF
>implementation using point-to-point.

How long will it take for you to rewrite SF implementation using p2p?  But now, I want to complete a project that needs my current code. Could you please tell how to work around the issue related with the function PetscSFReduceBegin?  Or could you please first modify the PetscSFReduceBegin?

And there are other problems, when you write new SF. Maybe the DMComplex and PetscSection will be changed. Because both objects use the SF for communication.