[petsc-users] Improve in speed/efficiency from partitioning in 1 direction to 3 directions

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 6 00:28:19 CDT 2012

The preconditioner also matters. If you are using a one-level
preconditioner, the 3D partition can cut the iteration count by a factor of
approximately the cube root of the number of processes relative to the 1D
partition.

There are many factors that can limit the performance of your code. For
performance questions, always send the output of -log_summary.